[MP]aternity Learning Pack
Special support for mothers and fathers looking after their little ones on [mp]aternity leave
[MP]aternity Learning Pack
Programming is like surfing. Each new technology another wave. What if we take a break from programming? How do we get back in the game? Will we destroy our programming career forever?
Mothers and fathers take time off to bond with and raise their child. Benefits vary by country and employer. For example, in Estonia, a company guarantees a mother's job for up to 3 years. Three years! Wonderful for parent and child, but technology has moved on. Other countries are less accommodating. In my birth country South Africa, women get 4 months unpaid leave. They may claim unemployment insurance. Their employer is not obliged to pay anything. In the USA it is even harsher. 12 weeks unpaid leave from their work and no unemployment insurance. It is tough.
To help, we are giving away one hundred [MP]aternity Learning Packs until the end of 2019. Over 115 hours of premium Java self-study courses. Given for FREE to those who qualify. Purchased individually, these courses amount to $3999.
[MP]aternity Learning Packs Awarded (60/100)
Countries so far: Australia (3) | Belarus (1) | Brazil (1) | Bulgaria (3) | Canada (1) | Estonia (1) | Germany (12) | Greece (2) | India (5) | Ireland (1) | Israel (5) | Italy (1) | Netherlands (the) (1) | Norway (1) | Poland (3) | Romania (2) | Slovakia (1) | Spain (1) | Sweden (5) | Uganda (1) | United Kingdom (4) | United States (5)
Contents of [MP]aternity Superpack
We will award the following courses to eligible recipients:
- 34m - Build Your Own CircularArrayList In Under 34 Minutes -
- 8h11m - Data Structures in Java -
- 3h27m - Bits and Bytes -
- 16h20m - Java Design Patterns -
- 9h35m - Extreme Java - Advanced Topics -
- 2h30m - Transmogrifier: Java NIO and Non-Blocking IO -
- 3h18m - IntelliJ Wizardry with Heinz Kabutz - FREE
- 4h46m - Refactoring to Java 8 Streams and Lambdas -
- 43m - Threading Essentials -
- 3h54m - Mastering Threads -
- 14h34m - Extreme Java - Concurrency Performance for Java 8 -
- 13h18m - Heinz's Happy Hour Webinar Season 01 -
- 11h29m - Heinz's Happy Hour Webinar Season 02 -
- 4h19m - Heinz's Happy Hour Webinar Season 03 -
- 4h13m - Solving Java Memory Leaks Live Class 2019-02-04 - FREE
- 1h42m - Juppies - FREE
- 12h58m - JavaSpecialists Tips and Tricks 2010-2017 -
Here is how the [MP]aternity Learning Pack works:
- Eligible candidates get full access to all the courses shown above, for FREE.
- To be eligible, they need to currently be on parenting leave and to be able to prove it. Typically we will ask for a letter from their employer. It can be maternity or paternity leave, hence we call the program [MP]aternity Learning Pack.
- The parenting leave can be paid or unpaid. In some cases we might consider awarding it if the parent has resigned from work to care for their young, for example if in their country there is no provision for [mp]aternity leave.
- This [MP]aternity Learning Pack is to specifically help parents who have had their career impacted by their parenting. We thus require that the [mp]aternity leave is at least 6 months. For shorter leave we might consider it at our discretion depending on the individual circumstances.
- All our courses are for advanced Java programmers. They thus need to pass a simple interview to prove their competency in basic Java.
- The [MP]aternity Learning Pack is not transferrable and is only for the person who is currently on parenting leave.
- All our courses have lifetime access, so there is no time limit by when they must complete the material. We do recommend studying at least one or two hours a day, as time permits.
- Some of the courses have exercises and we do issue completion certificates for the Extreme Java and Design Patterns Courses. This is all included in this [MP]aternity Learning Pack.
- We would like to award 100 [MP]aternity Learning Packs by the end of 2019, with a maximum of 5 awarded per company.
- This program is available to any programmers living in any country subscribed to The Java Specialists' Newsletter . As of writing, that is 149 countries.
- This program is offered until the end of 2019.
- We reserve the right to change these rules without prior notice.
Please fill in the contact form on [MP]aternity Learning Pack, and we will try to respond within a few days.
Heinz and Helene Kabutz
P.S. Please spread the word about this program as widely as possible, so that it can reach all those mothers and fathers of young kids who are currently on parenting leave.
Heinz Kabutz is the author of The Java Specialists’ Newsletter, a publication enjoyed by tens of thousands of Java experts in over 145 countries. His book “Dynamic Proxies (in German)” was #1 Bestseller on Amazon.de in Fachbücher für Informatik for about five minutes until Amazon fixed their algorithm. Thanks to a supportive mother, he has now sold 5 copies.
Heinz’s Java Specialists’ newsletter is filled with amusing anecdotes of life on the Island of Crete. He is a popular speaker at all the best Java conferences around the world, and also at some of the worst. He teaches Java courses in classrooms around the world, where his prime objective is to make absolutely sure that none of his students fall asleep. He is not always successful.